a long post at last
I think the motivation to blog more (in content and in consistency) and to continually save my old blog posts is falling apart. There are a couple of reasons to this, but which I don't think I shall dwell into.
Today I went shopping! I told my dad I was going out, perhaps to see Ion Orchard since I haven't been there, and he decided to tag along because he had nothing to do before meeting his friend in the evening (like he always does every sunday evening). And yeah I think he pretty much ran out of things to do at home anyway. He spent the past 2 to 3 weeks or so playing Ant Buster, trying to achieve level 80 but has so far failed to do so (the best I saw was 79). As much as it sounds pretty boring and no life-ish, trust me, I would gladly do that for 2-3 weeks too (assuming I don't have to care about other things).
But anyway, my objective for going out today was really to buy some stuff (for myself and for others), and I usually enjoy shopping alone. I'm more productive that way. But I can't stop my dad from following me. So we took 502 and reached orchard. and ta-da I went into Ion Orchard for the first time. The basement floors were the normal shopping centres kinda shops, and the higher floors were more high-end expensive stuff (which we didn't explore much). And then we walked down orchard road, went into 313@somerset where we had lunch and then looked around orchard central too (and I experienced height phobia again when we were at the roof top garden). I really have no idea why when I look out of the window from my 22nd storey room I don't feel a thing, but when I got near the glass windows at the 11th floor my palms became wet, my heart rate increased by a bit and I can feel adrenaline or some other hormones in other parts of my body.
See I digress again. It's like I start a new paragraph just to get back on the point. So anyway after walking around orchard central I said I was going to city hall (because that was where I initially wanted to go cos i wanted to go peninsular plaza to buy guitar strings for my esteve and then to shop around marina square). and my dad decided to continue following me cos it was still early. so we got my guitar strings first, before he went off to meet his friends while i proceeded to marina square via city link mall (where I stopped to browse at Times). In marina bay i visited Fox (50% discount! and i only got a shirt), cactus, action city and decided to go back to wheelock (beside Ion) so I could go Borders. All in all, I spent about 5-6 hours walking around (wow it didn't even feel that long), before getting dinner and reaching home in time to watch.... Manchester United lose to Leeds United. oh well.
While walking around I also listened to jay chou on louder than usual volume, and enjoyed the bass-y stuff of the songs. it's like i alw discover something new and enjoyable every time I re-listen to the songs. and on my playlist, pugongyingdeyueding played after the piano version of juhuatai, and it seemed like pgydyd was gonna be another instrumental (cos it started off with a piano introduction), until his voice came up. But I still think an instrumental version would be very nice.
Hmm what else about today. Erm maybe that reading a book on the mrt makes the ride seem much shorter. I took the long route on the N-S line from orchard to JE. managed to get a seat only at Bishan or so, which was when I started to read, and then poof, the train teleported to Jurong East in an instance.
And hmm I think I haven't visited orchard in a very long time (I think in the last 2 years, the vietnam guide I had during the vietnam trip visited orchard road more often than I did).
There are some things that I don't understand, and I don't know if I'm ever going to. And I also don't know what to do about it. Sigh.
Today I went shopping! I told my dad I was going out, perhaps to see Ion Orchard since I haven't been there, and he decided to tag along because he had nothing to do before meeting his friend in the evening (like he always does every sunday evening). And yeah I think he pretty much ran out of things to do at home anyway. He spent the past 2 to 3 weeks or so playing Ant Buster, trying to achieve level 80 but has so far failed to do so (the best I saw was 79). As much as it sounds pretty boring and no life-ish, trust me, I would gladly do that for 2-3 weeks too (assuming I don't have to care about other things).
But anyway, my objective for going out today was really to buy some stuff (for myself and for others), and I usually enjoy shopping alone. I'm more productive that way. But I can't stop my dad from following me. So we took 502 and reached orchard. and ta-da I went into Ion Orchard for the first time. The basement floors were the normal shopping centres kinda shops, and the higher floors were more high-end expensive stuff (which we didn't explore much). And then we walked down orchard road, went into 313@somerset where we had lunch and then looked around orchard central too (and I experienced height phobia again when we were at the roof top garden). I really have no idea why when I look out of the window from my 22nd storey room I don't feel a thing, but when I got near the glass windows at the 11th floor my palms became wet, my heart rate increased by a bit and I can feel adrenaline or some other hormones in other parts of my body.
See I digress again. It's like I start a new paragraph just to get back on the point. So anyway after walking around orchard central I said I was going to city hall (because that was where I initially wanted to go cos i wanted to go peninsular plaza to buy guitar strings for my esteve and then to shop around marina square). and my dad decided to continue following me cos it was still early. so we got my guitar strings first, before he went off to meet his friends while i proceeded to marina square via city link mall (where I stopped to browse at Times). In marina bay i visited Fox (50% discount! and i only got a shirt), cactus, action city and decided to go back to wheelock (beside Ion) so I could go Borders. All in all, I spent about 5-6 hours walking around (wow it didn't even feel that long), before getting dinner and reaching home in time to watch.... Manchester United lose to Leeds United. oh well.
While walking around I also listened to jay chou on louder than usual volume, and enjoyed the bass-y stuff of the songs. it's like i alw discover something new and enjoyable every time I re-listen to the songs. and on my playlist, pugongyingdeyueding played after the piano version of juhuatai, and it seemed like pgydyd was gonna be another instrumental (cos it started off with a piano introduction), until his voice came up. But I still think an instrumental version would be very nice.
Hmm what else about today. Erm maybe that reading a book on the mrt makes the ride seem much shorter. I took the long route on the N-S line from orchard to JE. managed to get a seat only at Bishan or so, which was when I started to read, and then poof, the train teleported to Jurong East in an instance.
And hmm I think I haven't visited orchard in a very long time (I think in the last 2 years, the vietnam guide I had during the vietnam trip visited orchard road more often than I did).
There are some things that I don't understand, and I don't know if I'm ever going to. And I also don't know what to do about it. Sigh.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home