No, I should really be allowing myself to blog more than just two lines and a video.
Anyway, I was thinking about what a gracious society may feel like. And I was suddenly reminded about the incident where I left the ATM machine without taking the cash. (ok reverse the order.) I was just thinking whether
a. if you were the person behind me, and saw my cash sticking out, would you get the money and chase after me? or let the machine eat the money back and then it wouldn't really matter. If say you're the only one left in the queue, if you're bad (confucius say, you go to.. ok nvm), you may take the money and keep it. Actually I suppose the majority would take the money and run after me. and then i'll be very grateful and say thank you.
b. if you were the person behind me, but the queue is 100-person long, would you still do that? because if you take the money and run after me, the person behind may cut your queue and then you have to rejoin the queue. or the person behind you could be very nice and let you go ahead with your transaction after you do your kind deed. would you instinctively think of wanting to pass me the money, or pause to think about whether the person will cut your queue? i.e. do we trust the people around us to be gracious to us? suppose the person behind is bad (confucius say...), then you would have to hope that the person behind the person behind you is good and understanding and lets you rejoin the queue after him/her.
actually i think this is a very trivial and hypothetical scenario and i dunno why i think so much about it. i think i just want to delay the start of my room packing. eurgh.
Anyway, I was thinking about what a gracious society may feel like. And I was suddenly reminded about the incident where I left the ATM machine without taking the cash. (ok reverse the order.) I was just thinking whether
a. if you were the person behind me, and saw my cash sticking out, would you get the money and chase after me? or let the machine eat the money back and then it wouldn't really matter. If say you're the only one left in the queue, if you're bad (confucius say, you go to.. ok nvm), you may take the money and keep it. Actually I suppose the majority would take the money and run after me. and then i'll be very grateful and say thank you.
b. if you were the person behind me, but the queue is 100-person long, would you still do that? because if you take the money and run after me, the person behind may cut your queue and then you have to rejoin the queue. or the person behind you could be very nice and let you go ahead with your transaction after you do your kind deed. would you instinctively think of wanting to pass me the money, or pause to think about whether the person will cut your queue? i.e. do we trust the people around us to be gracious to us? suppose the person behind is bad (confucius say...), then you would have to hope that the person behind the person behind you is good and understanding and lets you rejoin the queue after him/her.
actually i think this is a very trivial and hypothetical scenario and i dunno why i think so much about it. i think i just want to delay the start of my room packing. eurgh.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home