Sometimes ignorance is bliss. Most of the time though, you can't afford to be in that state.
A lot of life's worries would not exist if issues weren't been complicated. But we're complex beings, and issues become complicated as a result.
I would love to remain kiddish and simple-minded. But there's a time when growing up is inevitable and has to happen.
Being average would have lowered a lot of expectations and reduced a lot of stress. But then I dislike myself when I don't meet my own expectations, which are often not just average.
Often we think about how we could have changed the way we live our lives should we be able to. I think back to the time when I was still in primary school, in secondary school, in JC and I really wouldn't have predicted that I'll be doing what I'm doing now. Maybe it's because the progression from Pri Sch to JC is rather predictable anyway, and there's no point in planning the kind of things I was going to do at each stage of that progression. But after JC, the number of options and paths multiply and I don't think anyone can really predict anything that accurately anyway.
I don't really know what's the point of saying this. Perhaps I'm just taking a step back to look at what I've done, the path I've gone and not always be mentally trapped in the commitments I have now. I mean time really flew past. Year 1 is over. And if i keep doing things the way I do things now, I'll be in year 3 before i know it. I don't know how I can mitigate this fleeting feeling though. Maybe I should keep appreciating the things I have now, and recalling the path I've took. Sucks to think Uni would be over soon before I know it.
Or maybe I just haven't been blogging enough. So my daily actions, which I used to record down in posts of up to a thousand words each, have suddenly been fleeting moments that pass and go, and are then forgotten.
Ok I really don't know where this post is heading towards. And i'm so sleepy I bet when I read this again I must be wondering why I typed all these.
Oh well.
On a less pensive mood, I've gotten my place for exchange to university of copenhagen, and psc has also approved the uni and is ok with paying the expenses. with sino-sing and hpair i've sometimes kinda taken such sponsorships for granted. but i think i've been really fortunate to now go for an exchange without financial worries. very thankful indeed =) and neemgor got it too! so much for the independence gained through being in a foreign place alone. lol. ok suddenly i felt i shldn't misuse 'lol'. not that anyone really cares anyway. no one really hahas when they type 'haha'. can you imagine how crazy a person would look in front of his com if he really meant everything he typed. like no one laughs out loud that often. not as often as what usually appears on the com anyway. it's kinda weird really, to notice how we would all type 'haha' and 'lol' with a stoic-looking face.
ah darn it's really late and i gotta sleep. having mixed feelings about issues again. oh well. it's that time of the day.
A lot of life's worries would not exist if issues weren't been complicated. But we're complex beings, and issues become complicated as a result.
I would love to remain kiddish and simple-minded. But there's a time when growing up is inevitable and has to happen.
Being average would have lowered a lot of expectations and reduced a lot of stress. But then I dislike myself when I don't meet my own expectations, which are often not just average.
Often we think about how we could have changed the way we live our lives should we be able to. I think back to the time when I was still in primary school, in secondary school, in JC and I really wouldn't have predicted that I'll be doing what I'm doing now. Maybe it's because the progression from Pri Sch to JC is rather predictable anyway, and there's no point in planning the kind of things I was going to do at each stage of that progression. But after JC, the number of options and paths multiply and I don't think anyone can really predict anything that accurately anyway.
I don't really know what's the point of saying this. Perhaps I'm just taking a step back to look at what I've done, the path I've gone and not always be mentally trapped in the commitments I have now. I mean time really flew past. Year 1 is over. And if i keep doing things the way I do things now, I'll be in year 3 before i know it. I don't know how I can mitigate this fleeting feeling though. Maybe I should keep appreciating the things I have now, and recalling the path I've took. Sucks to think Uni would be over soon before I know it.
Or maybe I just haven't been blogging enough. So my daily actions, which I used to record down in posts of up to a thousand words each, have suddenly been fleeting moments that pass and go, and are then forgotten.
Ok I really don't know where this post is heading towards. And i'm so sleepy I bet when I read this again I must be wondering why I typed all these.
Oh well.
On a less pensive mood, I've gotten my place for exchange to university of copenhagen, and psc has also approved the uni and is ok with paying the expenses. with sino-sing and hpair i've sometimes kinda taken such sponsorships for granted. but i think i've been really fortunate to now go for an exchange without financial worries. very thankful indeed =) and neemgor got it too! so much for the independence gained through being in a foreign place alone. lol. ok suddenly i felt i shldn't misuse 'lol'. not that anyone really cares anyway. no one really hahas when they type 'haha'. can you imagine how crazy a person would look in front of his com if he really meant everything he typed. like no one laughs out loud that often. not as often as what usually appears on the com anyway. it's kinda weird really, to notice how we would all type 'haha' and 'lol' with a stoic-looking face.
ah darn it's really late and i gotta sleep. having mixed feelings about issues again. oh well. it's that time of the day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home