It's always a great feeling to cycle in the rain. Especially heavy pouring rain where cycling faster probably just makes you wetter. Before the rain there was the wind. The cool morning breeze which turned gusty but felt refreshing nonetheless. Then came the drizzle and the inevitable downpour. As my bike went down the slope I raised both arms and immersed myself in the wonderful experience.
And then of course I got a blocked nose and now it's half blocked and mostly running. And I need to sleep.
I think i actually enjoyed staying in an old, run-down house with little facilities on a rural island like Ubin. Maybe it's the view, or the stress-free atmosphere, or the old auntie's warmth and hospitalitiy and cute smile and the way she speaks hokkien which reminds me of my own grandma. Or the fact that I could feel comfortable with two huge dogs around me. Or the company around me. I think this made up for my absence in the last two danang meetings. At least now I got to remember everyone's names (at least those who came) and know some of them better. Well, the project has only just (ok not really just) started and there's still a long way to go.
And then of course I got a blocked nose and now it's half blocked and mostly running. And I need to sleep.
I think i actually enjoyed staying in an old, run-down house with little facilities on a rural island like Ubin. Maybe it's the view, or the stress-free atmosphere, or the old auntie's warmth and hospitalitiy and cute smile and the way she speaks hokkien which reminds me of my own grandma. Or the fact that I could feel comfortable with two huge dogs around me. Or the company around me. I think this made up for my absence in the last two danang meetings. At least now I got to remember everyone's names (at least those who came) and know some of them better. Well, the project has only just (ok not really just) started and there's still a long way to go.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home